WINDOW MOTOR NOT WORKING

2007 Saturn Ion • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 51,000 miles

I have a 2007 Saturn Ion. The driver's window motor suddenly stopped working. The Chevy dealership that took over Saturn service in my area wants to charge me a pretty unfair price just to look at it. How can I, myself, troubleshoot the cause of the problem, if its a fuse or something else?
Ginny

Do you have a multimeter?With your ear on the door panel and moving the window switch up and down with the key in the run position can you hear a clicking noise in the door panel on the inop window?Its most likely a bad window motor that is most common reason I have found for inop windows on those cars. Also what did they want to charge you for diagnoses?

Hi got same problem, when for service one front bushing at the dealer, whent to get my car and the driver side window did not work. I found the problem, I wire whas cut (probably the dealer cut it ). They cut the wire in the harness that you see when the doo is fully open, there is a rubber over the wires so you dont see them, slide it off, and look for a cut cable. I solder and tape the wire and working good ever since. Will never buy a GM product ever again, still waiting for a head light assy and a seat cover since march 2009. Hope this helps!

Gybruss
Just to let you know the dealer probably didnt cut the wire those wires break from opening and closing the door over time. Especially the drivers door because its opened more times then the other doors.I have repaired many of those wires on the saturns for that reason.