SATURN ION SHIFTER PROBLEM

2007 Saturn Ion • 72,500 miles

I'm dealing with an ignition switch problem. My car at first was not turning off at all and I took it to carx for repair. They replaced the key tumbler twice not still the new key is acting up. This will be my 5th trip to this place to have them look at it and they still can't fix the problem. I don't know anything about cars and have no clue as to what the problem could be at all. What do you suggest might be the problem?
Mslisa2013

So the key doesn't turn off?If so where does it stop when trying to turn it off acc?If so I know what's wrong.

Yes, that is where the key is stopping. I have to jerk the steering wheel back and forth in order to get it to release.

Mslisa2013
Try playing with the shifter button moving the shifter in and out of gear etc and see if the key turns off?There is a micro switch that fails at the base of the shifter when it does the key won't turn off. It controls the solenoid that keeps the key from turning off. They fail often.