COLD FRONT END RATTLE?

2007 Saturn Ion • 70,000 miles

Ok I have this saturn ion driving me nuts I get a clunk on the p/s front going over bumps ONLY FOR THE FIRST FEW MINUTES OF DRIVING then it goes completely away ive done the struts n links and still there ant ideas? This has been a drawn out deal n my customer is getting frusterated since the only way we can tell if its gone is by keeping it overnight to try in the morning almost sounds like a overnight strut leakdown or pressure n builds up after a few bumps please help me out this is a tough one
Nickybenz82

The things I have seen clunk on those cars is the sway bar bushings that go between the sway bar and subframe. Also I have seen the steering intermediate shaft clunk. The part the connects the steering column to the rack and pion. But when only cold for a few seconds I have not seen. So can you only hear while moving and hitting bumps?Or can you hear it at a stop moving the steering wheel back and fourth?

Only moving. It makes no sense can't get it to happen on the lift or even on the ground. Put the chassis ear on it and took it out n nothing no noise

Nickybenz82
Saw on redline site this guy had the same issue n it was the sway bar bushings so for the few bucks I'm takin a shot I'll keep ya posted

Nickybenz82
Thats what I said the sway bar bushings I have seen them clunk. Try driving in a parking lot about 5-10 mph and sway the car left to right if it clunks its most likely those bushings.