2 EMISSIONS LIGHT STAYS ON. CODE SHOWED UP MISFIRE ON CYLINDER 3. USING TWICE AMOUNT OF GAS. EMISSION LIGHT FLASHES OCCASSIONALLY AND GOES OFF OCCASSIONALLY. HAVE REPLACED PLUG AND COIL FOR CYLINDER 3. REPLACED UPSTREAM OXYGEN SENSOR. HAS

2007 Saturn Ion • 10,000 miles

Plug and coil for cylinder 3 replaced. Upstream oxygen sensor replaced. Has not helped. What to do next.
Debroberts63

I would do a compression test do you know how to do that?

My husband said he does however I got the impression this is not good.

Debroberts63
If the compression is low its not good they rent a compression tester at auto zone. Have him do a compression test give me the results of all cylinders. Atleast we can rule out a easy thing to test.

He will do the compression test. I really appreciate all your help. You guys are great. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
We had already spent about $200.00 trying to solve the problem and he owns a Nappa store.
Debroberts

Debroberts63
Napa doesnt rent tools they only sell them so to save some money I would rent the compression tester at auto zone. Let me know what you find.

I will let you know and once again thanks so much. This is the third Saturn I've owned. Never had any problems before now with Saturns. Kind of undecided now if I want to keep it since they stopped making them though. Hope you have a great afternoon.
Debroberts63

Debroberts63
Your welcome keep me posted most of my family and friends have saturns I have one also. Just because they stopped making them is no reason to not own one. Keep me posted on wjat you find.