VERY HARD TO START MY CAR EVEN I HAD CHANGED THE TIMING BELT AND FUEL PUMP

2007 Proton Savvy • 74,000 miles

Either in cold or hot condition, sometime it just can't be started, I've tried few services center but none of them able to solve if perfectly! Please!
Jflok306

Was anything done prior to this occurring?
Have you checked the valve clearances?

I have sent to the car repair shops for few times, before this my car will die in the middle of the road sometime, they told me is the fuel pump problem and I just changed one, but just now It die again and took about 10 min to restart back the engine.I'm so frustrated.

Jflok306
When engine could not be started, you need to find out what is missing, fuel or sparks and if the problem does not occur in the workshop, the people there would not be able to find the cause of the problem. For such cases, it is never easy to diganose but since problem is intermittent, it could be a loose wirte connector somewhere. Have you tried to check for trouble codes?

My car is at the mechanic shop again now, hopefully they can figure it out, I know nothing about the car. Thanks anyway^^

Jflok306
The mechanic said that my car setting keep running, they had set it back for few times but days later It run again. They couldn't understand why so far.

Jflok306
What setting are they referring to?

Check the memory voltage to the ECM. If power supply is interrupted, the ECM would lose its memory when vehicle is stopped.

ECM tends to relearn according to driving condition and if you have a fault somewhere it is going to cause problems for the ECM.

Are there any trouble codes?

Hi did you end up solving this problem, got a friend with a savvy with the same problem

Tryagain123