RANDOMLY OVERHEATING

2007 Nissan Altima • 73,000 miles

Ok, I have brought my car to my mechanic twice for this issue, and they can't find a thing wrong. My thermostat fluctuates, sometimes going all the way to H. I turn the heat on, and it goes down. Last night it was doing it again, so we tried not turning the heat on, and the thermostat stayed up to H for a minute, then slowly went down on its own. What is wrong with this car?
Girlynissan07

Low coolant level, bad thermostat, clogged radiator or a blown head gasket. Since you have driven it overheated, I would have that checked first

Thank you for responding! I have had a pressure test, thermostat was tested, the whole car, and the fluid level is checked every morning, just to be sure. The whole car is fine, is there anything else, or is it a recall issue?

Girlynissan07
No recall, everything is not fine. One of these items is creating your issue and you need to have someone track it down before you do serious damage to the motor from overheating.

Check the cooling fans. They could be working intermittently due to failing motors.

Thank you KH!

Girlynissan07
I agree with KH but the fans cool at idle not at higher speeds as you indicated.

Thanks ASE, my car had been referred/brought to the dealership, where even they are having difficulty figuring out the issue, as it is not doing it for them, and they cannot find a broken cracked or leaking part. Thanks to all! Hoping the dealership can determine the issue, as I really like my car! I was just hoping for some ideas : )

Girlynissan07
Good luck