SHOULD MY BRAKES SQUEEK AFTER THE PADS HAVE BEEN REPLACED?

2007 Mazda MX5 • 50,000 miles

I was advised by the dealer when my oil was changed at 46,000 miles that I shoul dhave my pads replaced at least by the next oil change. I hadn't noticed anything other than a minor squeal occasionally when stopping. I had the pads replaced and now there's a different type of squeek/squeal when i'm traveling at low speeds and applying the brakes (parking the car, stopping at the end of my driveway as I leave home). It doesn't seem to happen when i'm coming to a stop in normal driving, just at low speeds.
it seems like I had heard that that sometimes happens shortly after a brake job, but eventually goes away. Did they botch the brake job, or do I just need to "ride it out"?

Lrushin

No, they did not botch it at all. The brakes work fine or you would have said something.

The metallics in the pads will cause squealing. Squealing is a normal noise under certain conditions and all manufacturers state that in the cards they insert in the brake boxes.

There are materials like ceramic that lessen the noises to almost nothing but once again depends on driving habits and conditions.