'07 - A/C COMPRESSOR IS CYCLING, BUT FREON IS OKAY

2007 Lincoln MKZ • 61,000 miles

My '07 MKZ is not cooling sufficiently, and the compressor is cycling about every 20-30 seconds. I have had the gauges on several times and I am pretty sure the freon level is okay. Both high and low pressures, however, are high. Specs are thus (at outside temp of 100): low side cycling between 45-65psi. High side cycling between 215-300psi. Temperature from the inside vent: 65. Coolest attainable ambient temp inside car (at which climate control fan cuts down): 74. What I find curious is that the pressures reach a certain point, but then level out and hover there for a few seconds before the compressor clutch cuts out--almost like the cycling is being caused by temperature or something else besides pressure. Does anyone know if this car has a low pressure cycling switch. Or some other kind of sensor that might be causing the cycling?
Ed-W

Both Low and High pressures are high-could be air in it and overcharged