LEXUS IS 250 DEALER PROBLEM

2007 Lexus IS 250 • 65,000 miles

I had my clutch replaced by my personal mechanic in April 2011. I started having transmission problems in December 2011 where 3rd gear kept popping out. The lexus dealership attempted to blame my mechanic this issue because he did not change the flywheel. My mechanic claims the flywheel did not need to be changed or machined. The dealership went again and put in another transmission since car was still under warranty. One year later in Dec 2012, my transmission went again and started popping out of 3rd gear again. I had no problem shifting into other gears and had no issues with clutch since it was changed in 2011. Whom is lying to me the dealership or my mechanic. My mechanic claims the clutch and flywheel have nothing to do with gear popping out. Dealer blames mechanic because flywheel wasn't changes or machined. The dealer also said all the transmission fluid was burnt out. What is the real problem?
Ivassellaolcom

Your tech is correct. The clutch has nothing to do with 3rd gear popping out. It is a syncro failure.

You need another dealer