SQUEALING UNDER LOAD

2007 Honda Civic • 2.0L 4 cylinder Turbo 2WD Manual • 105,000 miles

Hearing a squeal from the passenger side when I hit around 4k rpm. Does not make a sound when idling, thought it may be the serpentine belt but it looks fine and if it was wouldn't the sound be constant?
Hxczoel

Belts can make noise at any RPM based on what kind of a load is placed on them. Is your belt tight? Is it glazed or cracked?

I can push the serpentine belt in about half an inch not sure how tight it's supposed to be but other than that the belt looks brand new. The sound started after I "got on it" the other day not sure if that helps any.

Hxczoel
Does it sound like a belt squeal?

Yes. High pitched squeal only around 4k rpm

Hxczoel
It must be related to the belt then. Could it be associated with the AC running?

No it does it even with the ac off

Hxczoel
I really feel it is an issue with the belt tension or one of the belt driven accessories are starting to lock up when the RPM's raise. Try this. Remove the belt and check all belt driven accessories to see if there is excessive play in the pulleys or drag.