DOWN SHIFTING

2007 Honda Civic • 114,000 miles

I am having problems when I try gearing down from highway speeds. If I am driving 100km per/hr and I try to gear down from fifth gear to 4th or 3rd, the gear shift sticks and won't even go into neutral. I don't know what's wrong, and this is becoming a problem because it is leaving me stranded in the middle of the road holding up traffic. It eventually goes into neutral, and it will let me go into first, but I can feel that something is wrong. This is my fifth manual Honda, and they have all been brand new, or close to it, and I have never had this issue before. Can anyone help me please?
Ewells81

If the shifter is sticking in gear it is possible the clutch is not fully disengaging the engine from the transmission? This would cause gears inside the transmission to spin preventing the shifter to move out of the current gear.
Have you checked the fluid level in the transmission? Is the ambient tempurature very cold where you live/ commute?

Ty Anderson