RUNNING ROUGH ONLY SOME TIMES

2007 Ford Taurus • 95,863 miles

2007 ford taurus sel 3.0 v6. Starts but chuggs and dies every now and then. I replace vacuum line. Three spark plugs only had enough money to spare for three. Replace the idle control valve. The fuel filter is only 3 weeks old. That is when my problem started after I replace fuel filter it is on the correct way already checked. Issues are it chugs, sometimes when I gas it the rpms take a long time to get up and it seem like its being flooded, thensome time the cars air conditioning will stop blowing could air then start right back up, it idles hard, after replacing the idle control valve the car ran fine for a day then started up agian it is better then before. The pump works fine checked it out by turning key while filter was off. I am thinking it might be the mass air flow sencor or the egr valve. Battery is about to year old. I have checked all fluid they were clean and filled to proper amount.
Joecantrell

Are there any codes? Re check for vacuum leaks.

We need the exact fuel pressure as well. Pump could be running but not enough pressure.

I had pressure checked at advance autos the said it was with in regulation according to chilton book. The code got wiped when I changed the idle control valve so I have to driv it or let it run more until the codes can regesture. Then I will take it up to advance auto parts and rent there code reader since im in sc. And my code reader II is in texas at my other house. Im in the military so I counldnt bring all my tools.

Joecantrell
The spark plugs are made for that year and model. Too

Joecantrell
Get back to us with the codes

Will do if I cant figure it out

Joecantrell
But I do have another question concerning a 1965 ford f100 with 352 and a 4 speed granny shift. When replacing the single reservor master cylinder with a dual master cylinder what size fitting and tube for the breaks should I use. I also would like your recamendation on what type of break dividers I should use. This truck is about 90% restored.

Joecantrell
De[ends on the master cylinder. Check with the parts store on the fitting sizes. You will need a proportioning valve as well.

As far as the taurus, if you cannot figure it out, a shop is your next step for help