SHAKES WHEN OVER 50MPH

2007 Ford Focus • 120 miles

Went from driving fine, to shaking a lot once driving over 50mph. Not making any noise though.
Ego_amor_tu

Single female about to make a very long drive home, and terrified too ! !

Ego_amor_tu
The first thing I would check is the tires. Do they all have plenty of air? Are they baldind or wearing unevenly? Plenty of tread, even on the insides. Probably the most frequent thing I find when people have this symptom is a tire starting to show cords, or about to blow. It could be many other things, but at least you should be able to check the tires yourself. Let me know how it goes.

ProAutoTech
Tires are less then two months old. Appear fine and inflated properly.

Ego_amor_tu
Drive slow?

Fixitmr
Hard to do when you have to drive on an interstate, might have to take back roads I guess.

Any other suggestions?

Ego_amor_tu
Maybe the weights came off from when they balanced the tires. Possibly you hit a nasty pothole and bent a rim, or messed allignment up.

ProAutoTech
Have someone follow you on multi lane road test and watch tires to see which 1 is shaking.

Fixitmr
That's worth a shot I guess. Try to figure out if it's in the front or back too. Shakes and vibrations can resonate throughout the car and be a little decieving as to where they're coming from, buy you can feel it a lot more in the sterring wheel if it comes from the front.

ProAutoTech
If theres no shaking, or if there is, Do you think its safe to drive?

Ego_amor_tu
Its not in the steering wheel. From the drivers position it feels like its coming from the front end. From a passenger in the backseat, it felt like it was everywhere, and I think stronger in the back.

Ego_amor_tu
Page 1 of 2