COMPRESSOR CHANGE

2007 Dodge 600 • 80,000 miles

Hey I am needing to change out my AC compressor I know its burned out my question is cuz I'm the kinda guy that fixes his own stuff is there any part of the the work I can do to save on labor cost I know I can't evacuate the system or anything like that cuz I lack the necessary equipment or is this whole process better left to an AC repair shop?
Hambone887

For something like this you would be better of getting a workshop to do it, even fitting up the lines and replacing seals and I would suggest the receiver dryer as well, will need special A/C oil to lube the seals, for the little you would save, get the advantage of a warranty and get a mechanic to do the job.

Mhpautos
That's kinda what I was thinking to I was quoted by most shops about 200.00 fora flush evacuate and recover the refrigerant and install the compressor. I found some good kits on eBay as well that come with all the stuff u need compressor receiver/dryer and expansion valve for only like 250.00 which comes with a year warrenty preety killer deal if u think how much this repair usually cost

Hambone887
I don't recommend you trying A/C. There is a lot more to A/C repair that what seems obvious. The original compressor failed for a reason and when it did, the parts when all through the system. Some condensers cannot be flush because they bypass. Overlook one thing here or use substandard parts and you'll be doing the job all over again with even more damage.

Wrenchtech