CHRYSLER PACIFICA COOLANT PROBLEM

2007 Chrysler Pacifica • 91,500 miles

2007 Chrysler Pacifica: Driving this morning on a cold engine on a cold morning about 4.5 miles after starting my engine, temp gauge shot from cold to the top of hot within just a second or two, temp light came on, along with the Electronic Throttle Light and OBD light in addition to a constant audible chime. I looked under the hood and don't see any leaking from the coolant housing or adjoining hoses. There is proper amount of coolant in the coolant housing and there is no fluids coming from the radiator. Please offer a diagnosis. Thank you in advance.
Leasaash

First, we need the code.

Next is the thermostat, how old is it?

Have a eak down test done to verify no head gasket issues.

Otherwise the sender unit may be at fault.

Hi - entire engine, not including radiator was replaced in 2/12 so I am assuming the original thermostat is still on it. I can only get the code by hooking up to a machine, correct? Thank you.

Leasaash
That is correct, get a parts store to do it for you. It is free.

The age of the motor does not matter because overheating can cause damage at any time or mileage

Final blonde girl question : ) is it safe to drive to auto store or should I have it towed.

Leasaash
How far is it? If you are towing it, go to a real shop, not a parts store.

Check with the parts store and see if you can rent the code reader

Thanks for your help.

Leasaash
Anytime