I HAVE A WITH APPROXIMATE 160000 MILES ON IT. I WAS INFORM BY A DEALER THAT I NEED A ENGINE DUE TO OIL BUILD UP SLUDGE AN

2007 Chrysler Aspen • 160,000 miles

Do I need to replace the engine
Kraven71

Is it still running well? Is it knocking or ticking? Have you changed the oil on a regular basis? You know they make engine cleaners that are added to the motor oil and there are ways to clean it out. If it still is running okay, why replace it?

When I took it to the dealer the oil light and engine lights was on. The called me today to inform me that I needed to replace the engine, due to the sludge build up and something about if they change the pump, cleaned the block or replace the block it would cost more then to buy an engine. Need help

Kraven71
With 160k, I think they are right. Check around for prices as the dealer is not the best place to get the best price.

Roy they quoted me 6200 for a refurbished engine with 3 year warranty or 100000 miles

Kraven71
Way overpriced. Check with other repair shops for a quote with a jasper or ATK motor. They have similar warranty's for a lot less money

Listen, your oil light was on. Did you hear any ticking or knocking from the engine? Has anyone tried to run an engine cleaner in it? It will cost about 5 dollars.

What should be the average price including labor, it so hard to find a good mechanic in the Burlington /chesterfield nj area that would fix and bring your cars/truck back to standards any suggestions

Kraven71
The problem is, I don't know for sure what is wrong with your engine. Can you tell me if there was any knocking or ticking from the engine when you took it in?

Jacob the truck was running rough once the oil and engine light came on my wife was driving. Neither one of us know a damn thing about a car/truck. The week prior to we had the truck service with an oil change, new tires, overall check. So my wife thought maybe they did not do something right with the oil change. So I took the truck back on sat pass

Kraven71
There was like pull of roughness however once over 50 the truck drove normal

Kraven71
Page 1 of 2