GAS PROBLEM

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe • 150,000 miles

My husband drove the truck til it ran out of gas filled it with a gas can that may have had water in it and it would not start. He drained the gas tank and then filled it back up. It finally would start but won't stay running.
Melkee5

Can you check fuel pressure? Should be 50-60psi

PROTECH1980
How do u do that?

Melkee5
There is a port on the fuel rail to attach a fuel pressure gauge, the gauge will read fuel pressure, check it and get back to me with the specs.

PROTECH1980
Have you brought it to a gas station to fill up? You may have old and/or bad gas in it. Have you added more fresh gas?

Danlesabre
Yes added fresh gas after draining the gas tank. Can't drive it to the gas station though. We used a different gas can to get new gas.

Melkee5
You have dirty injectors. Fuel inject cleaner from a parts store might make it run a little better. A Professional fuel injection cleaning service at a shop would work better. If the problem persists, you will need to replace some or all of the injectors.

Danlesabre