ONLY EVENT PRIOR TO PROBLEM WAS A JUMP START FOR A DEAD BATTERY. DEFROST, SIDE WINDOW, FLOOR AND REAR VENTS ALL WORK.

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe • 55,000 miles

The front panel vents have stopped working for both a/c & heat. What simple things like fuse/filters/vacuum can I check before taking to the dealer?
Brewster Flats Boy

Remove the negative battery cable and leave it off for about 5 minutes. Re install it and try it. That re boots the bcm which is what controls those functions along with the hvac module.

This is usually is a vacuum leak or a faulty blend door.

Cadieman
Thanks, but I just removed the negative battery cable for 10 minutes, reattached, and the problem still exists. That would have been great if it had worked. Any other suggestions?

Brewster Flats Boy
Any advice other than listen for a vacuum leak? Does the whole front panel need to be removed to get to the Blend door?

Brewster Flats Boy
Test the vacuum with a gauge! Then we will know if its in the door or you have low vacuum causing this.

Cadieman