CHEVROLET COBALT OIL FILTER PROBLEM

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt • 75,000 miles

Where is the oil filter located and how do I install I bought the new filter and it is not a traditional oil filter it is different than normal filters is it right in front of the oil pan and has a rubber sheathing?
Mustangxxx

I'd have to look for it myself. I found this picture. I'm used to oil filters going down, not up. You can use a filter wrench on it or 32mm/1 1/4 inch socket. 18 ft lbs is max on tight.

Just to add, I believe the arrow is pointing to the drive-belt end of the engine, not the front of vehicle. Oh well, If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

Thank you for your response but the oil filter is nmot a normal filter that you just scre on and off this one looks like an round air filter that has to go into something

Mustangxxx
Just to add to this one its to the right of the intake the snaps into oil filter cap.

Yes, I understand. The filter probably fits the cap in the picture. Here is what the cap looks like.

Thanks saturntech9, I didn't exactly know where it was located. Have a good day.

You two my friend take care.