CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT REVERSE LIGHTS PROBLEM

2007 Cadillac Escalade Ext • 110,000 miles

I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT. For the past 3 years, I have had multiple issues with the electrical system that no GM technician has been able to pinpoint. I have brought the car to the dealership a dozen times with no solution that actually fits the overall problem.

The issue that is showing now is my reverse lights will stay on after I turn off the ignition and lock the doors. If I play with the lock on the key chain long enough locking and unlocking, the reverse lights will eventually go off. Also when the reverse lights are stuck on, the stabilitrak sensor malfunctions and states there is an issue with the stabilitrak followed by reduced engine power. Once this happens, I have to turn off the car, get out and lock and unlock until the reverse lights go off, then start the car and the stabilitrak goes off. This happens more in the beginning of the day and in the winter. I have also had sensor related issues in the past with my transmission sensor. On hot days, the transmission over heating sensor light would come on, even though the transmission was not overheating. It would immediately not allow me to go into 2nd gear. It was also remedied by turning off the engine and restarting. I do have an aftermaket cd/dvd player in my car and I have also noticed that if I start my car in the morning with the radio off, it is less likely to trigger the stabilitrak. I have had the stabilitrak serviced to try to fix the problem but it did not work. It seems as if the problem is electrically related, but I am looking to pinpoint the issue to fix it once and for all.
Bryanclute

Any codes? Has dealer tried replacing the BCM?

Docfixit