WHAT COULD CAUSE A TEMPORARY BUT TOTAL LOSS OF POWER IN A

2007 Cadillac Escalade • 50,000 miles

I parked our Escalade outside my son's daycare. It had been running fine, no problems at all, since we bought it from a dealer, about six weeks ago.

I was in there for about 15 minutes, came out, and used the key fob to open the doors. After that, there was no power at all. No noise when I turned the key in the ignition, no dashboard lights, no mirror lights, no Onstar, nothing. I locked the car manually, as even the electrnic locks weren't working.

I took my son home, then walked back to wait for the tow truck I'd called. I got back to the car around 20 - 30 minutes later and without thinking tried the key fob to open the car. It worked. I then tried the ignition and it also worked. I drove around for a while, then stopped and started the car a few times. No issues. No symbol on the dashboard to indicate any problems of any kind.

My main concern is, obviously, that if it's happened once, it could happen again. So what could cause it?
Alc

Check to make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. Check to make sure the main ground from the battery to the engine block is tight and clean.