URGENT PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

2007 Cadillac CTS • 110,000 miles

Hi I have a cadillac cts I just bought it a month ago it is a 2007 model and has about 110,000 km on it.I was driving on the highway today and the engine like kept flashing. The car still kept running a was still working the rest of the day. Whenever I press the break the engine light stays lighted and the car starts to shake I checked the oil and transmission oil too and everything seems good. But when I popped the hood the engine seems to be vibrating at a more unusually faster pace. Then when I get on the highway the engine light keep blinking but it drives better. What could be the problem? Someone told me it could possible just be a loose bolt on the engine. What do you think? Oh and also all of a sudden my car is also burning up more gas
A_allie

The flashing check engine light means there is catalytic converter damage being done. STOP DRIVING THE CAR AT ONCE! UNTIL THE REASON THE LIGHT IS FLASHING HAS BEEN DETERMINED AND CORRECTED. Contact the Cadillac service provider and schedule an appointment.

Dr. Hagerty