HEY IM JUST PARANOID SOMETHIGN WILL ALWAYS GO WRONG WITH MY CAR, I DROVE OVER A CURB WHILE PARKING TODAY DOES IT EVEN MATTER?

2006 Volkswagen Passat • 86,000 miles

I was only goin 5 mph.
I cheacked out my car after no damage, no popped tires, no leaking or anything.
I only drove over it with my right two tires not the body or left tires.
I drove it an hour later and it drove perfectly, so I was just wondering if thats normal and it doesnt matter of you do that sometimes on accident
Kyleastle

We call those "potholes" up here in Wisconsin. They're a part of every day driving. There are three things you can look for to see if anything changed affecting the alignment. First, the steering wheel should still be perfectly straight when driving straight ahead, (assuming it was straight before). Second, the car should continue going reasonably straight on a straight road when you let go of the steering wheel.

The third thing takes longer to show up and that's unacceptable tire wear pattens, particularly on the front. If the first two things look normal and tire wear is good now, most likely nothing with the alignment has been affected.

Where I live, I usually need to get my vehicle up curbs for parking. At the speed that you were driving at, there should not be any problem as the tire is able to absorb the impact of going over the curb.

Don't worry.

Alright thanks guys, I figured as much but I've had teriible experience with cars and had kind of a shit day so that just added to it the driving was perfect straight steering with no problem. I didn't notice any issue with the tires they look the same so ill just pay more attention next time haha

Kyleastle