VOLKSWAGEN JETTA CRUISE CONTROL PROBLEM

2006 Volkswagen Jetta • 160,000 miles

I have a vw. The cruise control quit working. Then it left me stuck at the fuel pump when it would not restart after refueling. Epc light came on. (I dont do top offs) come to find out after appx. 30 min. It did restart. Took it to shop the
JeffS82

What is it doing now-is it still refusing to start?

I dont think all my question made it through. The vehicle will start and run. After refueling it has to sit for 30 min or so. What has happened is I got the computer cleared Everything was on line, then the service engine light and EPC light came back on. Additionally the cruise control quit working again and at various times it sounds like there is rattling in the trunk. You have to fight to get it to start after any refueling. An error message on the dianogstic reading was problem in the Evap system. Ok. There's only a 1000 different things to check in that system. What/where do I go from here?

JeffS82
Evap System -have it smoke tested

Ok. But what will that do and is that a very expensive?

JeffS82
Could be a vent or purge solenoid valve etc -take it in to a shop and have it further checked-

JeffS82, did you have the Evap system smoke tested and were you able to fix the problem?

Rivermikerat