EPC LIGHT IS ON

2006 Volkswagen Jetta • 82,000 miles

Had problem starting for a few days. EPC light came on. Installed a new battery and no more starting problems, but the EPC light is still on. Was told by mechanic who sold me the battery to disconnect the battery and touch the two cables together.
Eejdc

NEVER disconnect the battery on a Volkswagen or General Motors product. Those are two of the least customer-friendly companies in the world. They have devised numerous ways to cost you money after the sale. Once you run the battery dead or disconnect it, on most models the engine won't even start. If it does, those that use the insanely dangerous throttle-by-wire system won't allow the transmission to come out of park or allow the engine to speed up when you press the accelerator pedal. You must drag the car onto a flatbed truck and take it to the dealer to have them unlock the Engine Computer. I can't believe after all the nightmares mechanics have run into that one would suggest disconnecting the battery. This is such a well-known trick pulled on us by Volkswagen that almost everyone knows about it.