WHY DOES MY OIL LEVEL LIGHT COME ON WHEN THE OIL LEVEL ARE OK

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix • 58,500 miles

I drive a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix and my oil is at the right level but when I start my car the oil level light comes on. What is causing this problem and should I take it back to the dealership and let them run a diagnostic. The oil light didn't come on the dashboard it came on the driver information center.
Tryphinab

That light is for low oil pressure, not level.

Just took it to get it looked at and the mechanic didn't mention any oil pressure because the light didn't come on the dashboard. The manual has two different warning lights for oil pressure and oil level, what's the difference between the two. Could it be a oil sensor? Because they didn't make it out to be a big deal at the dealership.

Tryphinab
I looked through all three engine sizes and can't find any reference to an oil level sensor. That's not to say your engine doesn't have one but that would be very uncommon. If it does, the light is turning on, and the level is okay, suspect the switch is defective.