IDLE PROBLEMS AFTER CLEANING THROTTLE BODY

2006 Nissan Sentra • 75,000 miles

On my way home from work on Friday my check engine light came on at a stop light, prior to this I had noticed that upon pulling off of the freeway that the RPM's hung at about 1500 for about 1 minute. I took the car to pepboys where I had the code read and cleared. The code that was read was P0507 that reads, "Idle speed control system RPM higher than expected" I called my uncle who is a mechanic and he advised me to buy some throttle body cleaner and clean it out because he said theres probably build up thats holding the butterfly valve open. I purchased regular throttle body cleaner took apart the intake, disconnecting only the MAF (Mass Airflow sensor) to get to the TB. I opened the butterfly valve with my fingers while I sprayed the cleaner wiping away any overspray as the instructions on the can said. After cleaning it up I reassembled the intake making sure everything was tight so there were no leaks. Once I started the car, the idle began to oscillate from 1500 to 2500 rpm. I tried the Idle Air Volume Learning and the Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning and so far the idle hasn't changed. I've already ordered a new throttle body. I've already tested the intake manifold and there are no leaks there either. Does anyone have any advice for me or anything I should be aware of regarding this fix?
Flash728

Is the trouble code still there?
Did you check the PCV?

There hasn't been a trouble code since the pepboys guy cleared it. I did check and clean the PCV didn't make any difference

Flash728
Problem solved, it was corrosion on the throttle body power connector. Dealer charged me $130 which is what they charge for doing a simple diagnosis. The tech said that the resistance on the power pin from the ECU to the TB was way too high and that was throwing everything off. Now it idles perfectly SOLVED!

Flash728
Glad to know prpblem has been fixed.

Have a nice day.