ELECTRICAL ISSUE?

2006 Nissan Murano • 2WD Automatic • 117,500 miles

2006 Nissan Murano SL, 117,500 miles. Since July 1, 2011 the crank sensor has been replaced 4 times. This started with no warning, driving along, car shuts off. SOmetimes it would crank back and could be driven for a short time, but would eventually shut off again. Currently at local dealer, ruled out timing chain this morning. I need help to solve this issue. Sounds electrical in nature to me. Any suggestions?
Christyo

Yes check the harness for a short that leads to the cranks sensor. I'm sure you'll find a wire rubbing someplace causing this. Or it's a bad connection and is drawing to many volts/amps. Mkae sure your engine to battery grounds are good as well as body, that may be doing it too.

Wiring was first thing that was checked and nothing was found. Any other suggestions?

Christyo
I'm sending a diagram that shows where the ground is for the crank sensor it's inside the car so see if that is loose. Also try changing the ecm relay in thepower dist box under the hood.