MERCEDES START PROBLEM - COLD WEATHER

2006 Mercedes Benz 500sl • V8 FWD Automatic • 48,000 miles

2006 Mercedes 500S - it is below freezing outside and the car won't start - could it be that there is ice in the exhaust - or could it be the battery even though the key works and lights go on. Car regularly serviced with no problems - Do you think this has to do wth he extreme cold?
Hmdtmmyway

When was the last time did you change the battery? 4 years old battery def can give you issues. I would check that 1st.

Bmwtechwaqas
Thanks for responding. I had a new battery put in by the dealership last March (it is less than a year old). When the old battery required a jump, the smart key wouldn't work. Since the key works and lights go on, I don't think it is the battery. Since the car has been regularly serviced, I can only surmise that the cold weather is affecting something ( it is 3 degrees out). And - of course - I cannot afford to take it to the Dealer anymore. Any hope that it might start when the weather gets warmer? Thanks again.

Hmdtmmyway
Did you find anything with your vehicle?

Bmwtechwaqas