STEERING WHEEL SHIMMY

2006 Jeep TJ • 4 cylinder 4WD Manual • 50,000 miles

I just got new tires installed on my 06 Jeep Wrangler. The jeep has 50,000 miles on it. At 51 - 55 mph I have a large shimmy that comes through the steering wheel. It then smooths out a little bit but is still slightly there. Could this be an balance problem?
Ld06jeepn

Have the front tires rebalanced. If it didn't do it before, that is my first guess. NOTE: When you feel it in the steering wheel, it is related to the front tires. If you feel it more in the seat and floor, it is related to the rear tires.

Let me know. Also, if they say the tires are balanced, have them check them for belt shift, flat spots, or any improfections from the manufacturer.

Let me know what you find.

Most likely they left your tires loose, better check them, or they them properly balanced them, you better take it back

Dr Loot
Thanks Joe I appreciate your help. I got the tires from Walmart. It's a lease so I wanted a cheap tire. I paid for a one time balancing. I have a lifetime balancing plan with Sears. I'm gonna take it to them and have them balance them. Hopefully they'll do a better job. Thanks again for your help.
Leon

Ld06jeepn
Leon,
Let me know what you find. Also, I feel that is where the problem is coming from. Just to be safe, do what Dr. Loot suggested and make sure they tightened the wheels. I wouldn't want you to lose a wheel.

Let me know.