2006 Infiniti M35 Repair Question
Is the fuse of the correct rating?
Does the fuse blow immediately when headlights are turned on?
If not, is the headlight working correctly
There must be a shorting somewhere and if it is intermittent, there could be a bare wire somewhere that is getting grounded intermittently.
You need to start at one end of the wiring and trace it to see where the short is located.
57,475 answers provided
Fuse is correct. Yes it does blow immediately and light never comes on.
Unplug the bulb connector and test if problem goes away, there is a short in the bulb. Check for wires that have been clamped or bared due to abrasion.
If any impact damages had occurre prior to this occurring, check if any wires had been damaged.
Ok but do I have to take the wheel off to do this or is there an easier way??
HEADLAMP (OUTER) LOW BEAM
1. Turn lighting switch OFF.
2. Disconnect negative battery cable or remove circuit fuse.
3. Remove fender protector (front). Refer to "REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION".
4. Turn plastic cap counterclockwise and unlock it.
5. Unlock retaining spring and remove bulb from headlamp.
6. Remove bulb from its socket.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1. Remove rear end screw of fender protector (rear).
2. Remove clips of fender protector (rear).
3. Remove plastic clamp from wheelhouse arches, and then remove fender protector (rear) from wheel house.
4. Remove screws of front under cover.
5. Remove front end screw of fender protector (front).
6. Remove front end clip of fender protector (front).
7. Remove fender protector (front) from wheel house.
Install in the reverse order of removal.
Thank you very much...
Keep me updated of the progress.
I will do that. As long as I am the one doing it. Now I'm wondering if it would just be better to take it in... I wouldn't want to do more damage than what is already going on.
Checking electrical faults can be a costly job so you have to be prepared for that if you send it in.