ACCELERATOR NOT WORKING WHEN WARM

2006 Hyundai Terracan • 52,000 miles

Hi Guys, I hope you can help. I have recently had a problem with my 2.9l diesel terri. It started last week, when I was driving along in 5th the power disappeared. It was as though I had taken my foot off the accelerator. This lasted for a few seconds and then power was returned.

The following day it got worse and worse, to the point the car was un-driveable. I call the rescue services to see if they could find the fault, but no. The car has been fully checked and there are no fault codes on the ECU (using a generic ECU reader).

When the engine is warm the accelerator has not affect on the revs of the engine, however the ECU is seeing the amount of throttle is being applied, but the engine will not rev.

I would be grateful of you thoughts as my mechanic is beginning to pull what is left of his hair out.

NigelB
Fireballnut

No references to this vehicle-might wanna check the throttle position sensor, throttle actuator or the governor