HOW DO I WORK THE TENSIONER SO I CAN PUT THE DRIVE BELT BACK ON?

2006 Hyundai Sonata • 95,000 miles

I had to replace my alternator. Everywhere I've looked, I've seen people say: you need a special tool(but they don't explain how/where to get it), you can get to the tensioner through the passenger wheel well, you can go through the firewall from the passenger side of the car. I just want to know what tool I need and which pulley is the tensioner. Please help!
Chinook

There is a belt tensioner tool you get it at your local parts store some may even rent it. Make sure you follow the belt routing diagram and then the tensioner you will rotate slip the belt on and allow it to roll back into place.

Racefan966
Thanks for the reply. I rented a universal tension tool, but which pulley do I use it on my car? I haven't been able to find any good diagrams explaining where the tensioner is.

Chinook
Ok if you go to Napa online and look at part #39104 you will see where there looks to be a nut that is casted just above the pulley that is where you put the tool.

Racefan966