ENGINE/WONT START

2006 Hyundai Sonata • 6 cylinder Automatic •

I drive a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. I am having problems with it starting since it has gotten colder out. The engine light and battery light will come on after started. It is hard to get to start at times, most of the time the lights and radio come on but it wont turn over. If I step on the brake it usually will start or if I wait 5 minutes it will start usually.
Melgal24

Scan the computer for code/s-Autozone/Advance Auto does it free.

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing