HUMMER H2 ENGINE PROBLEM

2006 Hummer H2 • 124,017 miles

Does the GF Chips advertised actually boost performance by 60 horsepower, and if so will it affect most of the other components of the engine (transmission shift, exhaust flow, traction control adjustment)?

This is an old post, but left unanswered. If your still curious about your question, the answer is yes, a chip will have many effects on performance gains, but as far as 60hp goes, it may only be 60hp at the engine crank. Not to the wheels. Depending on the type of chip you have, shift points will change, rev limiters will be increased, and the top speed shutoff will be disabled. Horsepower can increase fuel mileage, but it can also hurt it if you accelerate heavily. To briefly explain, torque is what pushes you back in the seat when you accelerate, and horsepower is what keeps you moving when your going. This is a very difficult concept to grasp. I build race motors, and when I do, I shoot for torque numbers, not horsepower. Both are very important, and I dont believe im doing a very good job on explaining it.

Madmike1735