I HAVE A , 4 CYC. I JUST CHANGED THE SECONDARY OXYGEN SENSOR AFTER THE CODE READER INDICATED P0139.IMMEDIATELY AFTER REPLACING THE SENSOR I WAS ABLE TO START THE CAR. I THEN TURNED OFF THE CAR AND ERASE THE PREVIOUS ERROR DTC CODE.FOLLOWI

2006 Honda Accord • 70,000 miles

I have a 2006 honda accord, 4 cyc. I just changed the secondary oxygen sensor after the code reader indicated P0139.

Immediately after replacing the sensor I was able to start the car. I then turned off the car and erase the previous error DTC code.

Following erasing the code on the reader I COULD NOT START THE CAR and the code reader indicates "No Powertrain DTCs or Freeze Frame
Data presently stored in the vehicle’s computer. Press the DTC
button to view your Enhanced DTC’s display". After pressing DTC the reader indicates there are no data in either the temporary or permanent computer.

Please advice!
Esiu74

Will the car start with the code reader plugged into the car?

No it doesn't start with the code reader plugged in and not plugged in.

Esiu74
So it ran and started good before you cleared the code?

Yes, the engine started, then I turned the engine off and turn on the ignition and erase the error code. After that I could no longer turn on the car.

Could it be the part (it may have started without the computer resetting). Or could the reader have possibly erase the computer's memory (although INNOVA's website indicated it can't possibly do that)?

Esiu74
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and retry.

Tried that and didn't work either.

Esiu74
Unplug the new sensor see if it starts.

You can also hook up reinstall the old one to rule that out. Are you sure a ground didnt come loose or off when you were working under the hood?

Unplugging the new sensor didn't work - will try using the old one.

Esiu74
Using the old one doesn't work now. How do I check the ground?

Esiu74