BURNING RUBBER SMELL

2006 Holden Astra • 98,000 miles

I went on a road trip this weekend and minutes before I got home last night, I noticed the smell of burning rubber when I stopped at some traffic lights and again when I parked the car in my drive way. I drove to work this morning and smelt it again after parking up - I immediately felt the rims to see if they were hot, all 4 wheels were warm but wouldnt say they were too hot to touch?
Also, im not sure if this is related but when driving on the freeway, I sometimes notice that my steering wheel shakes/vibrates.
Coomz66

The vibration could be a tire or balancing.

The smell could be a fluid leaking on a hot surface and you need to find out where the leak is.

Thanks - so I guess I should just take it to a garage/mechanic?

Coomz66
At least to determine the source of the smell. Let us know so we can further help you.

Coomz66
If you park your can in a garage, place a few sheets of newspaper under the engine and trans, check in the morning for any fresh oil stains, let us know what you see in a day or so.

Mhpautos