PROBLEM IN THE GEAR SHIFTER

2006 Ford Focus

I have a 2006 ford focus at my garage. The problem is that the gear shifter doesn't change to manual. Whenever I move the shifter it stays at drive and the car stays at automatic transmission doesnt change to manual. Anyth like this happened with someone? Just want to check if the problem is electrical or mechanical thank you
Koko.121

Are you trying to keep it in first, second.

This sounds like a shift linkage problem.

Sean

Seangrant00
On the intrument cluster it remains 'D' it doesn't change to '1'

Koko.121
Hook up the scan tool to it and see what the computer is showing in the range while putting in manual.

Sean

Seangrant00
I hooked up the scan tool it stays drive. And also there is no trouble codes

Koko.121
I still think it has to do with the shift linkage. This would cause both of your problems, display and transmission range. There are also frequent problems with this on the 2006 year model. It either probably needs to be replaced or adjusted.

Sean

Seangrant00
Soo u think it is a mechanical issue. The whole shifter must be replaced?

Koko.121
It may just be the shift linkage, you wouldn't have to replace the whole shifting assembly for just this problem.

Seangrant00
The problem is solved it just turned out that this part was damaged. Thanks alot for the responses

Koko.121
Sounds good, your welcome.

Sean

Seangrant00