FORD FOCUS ENGINE PROBLEM

2006 Ford Focus • 70,000 miles

The oil light came on the ford focus that I am driving when I pulled up to the gas station for about 10 sec and when I put it in park it went off and did not come back I have driven it about another 100 miles since. Should I be concerned

Absolutely. Check the oil level first. The light is warning about low oil pressure, not level, but with a low level the pump can suck up air which can be compressed. That will cause the pressure to drop. Ten seconds is a long time for an engine to be without oil pressure but it's likely the pressure didn't drop to 0 psi. Most warning lights turn on at around 10 psi so there was likely still oil flowing to the engine bearings.

If the light turns on while driving, stop the engine immediately. Serious engine damage can occur within a few seconds if you keep on driving.