WHERE IS THE CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR LOCATED ON 2?

2006 Ford Focus • 115,000 miles

Hello, on my car I have obd code P0336 (Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance). Is this sensor located inside engine or somewhere outside?
Gregorgodler

External. Refer to diagram. Check for loose or contaminated wireharness connectors first.

What engine and model? Sure code is correct?

Docfixit
Hello, thank you for a very quick response. Here are more details about my Focus and problems. I have Ford Focus II, engine 2.0 TDCi. When I was driving car, it shaked twice like the ESP went on and then I got on display two errors. First was System Engine Fault and the second was ESP System Fault. Engine turned off by it self. I turned the car key to the off position and then back to turn on. The car started with no problem. I managed to get home. At home I connected to OBD controller and check for errors with my android phone. I've got this errors: -U2023 - Network
-U2196 - Network
-P0336 - Crankshaft Position Sensor Range/Performance

Car is now running normally, well in my garage : )

So is there really "dead" sensor or is it something else?

Gregorgodler
An intermittent problem which could mean a loose connection somewhere and is not going to be easy to diagnose for the U-codes. Try clearing the codes and see if they reappear.

OK, I will try that and report.

Gregorgodler
Mod doesn't show a p0336. That was probably what docfixit was asking? Info on the u-codes says to fix all other codes first.