I HAVE AUTO/MAN GEAR.WHILE DRIVING CAR GAUGES SUDDENLY SWEEPS,ALL WARNING LAMPS CAME UP,CAR AC COOLING STOP.

2006 Ford Focus • 150,000 miles

I have ford focus 2006 auto/man gear. While driving car gauges suddenly sweeps, all warning lamps came up like battery, oil, abs, hand brake, car ac cooling stop. And after few seconds everything OK but engine check lamp is on. This happened 3 times in 1 month. Checked with mechanic couldn't figure out problem. Did self diagnostic check dtc code D900, E200, E197, E510 APPEARED. Plz help
Pasha

Which model Focus do you have and what engine?

Ford focus 2006 model, duratec 1.6 engine. Auto transmission and manual transmission.

Pasha
Our database does not have any information for your vrhicle and I could not find any reference to the codes you have posted as they are not OBD-II codes.

How did you retrieve the trouble codes?

PUT KEY IN STEERING LOCK OFF AND HOLD DOWN TRIP RESET BUTTON ON INSTRUMENT PANEL. TURN IGNITION ON AND START ENGINE

. NOW CAR IS IN SELF DIAGNOSTIC MODE THAT IS TEST MODE

YOU CAN NOW CHECK IF THE CAR HAS ANY DTC CODES IN THE MEMORY.

THIS IS HOW I GOT THE CODES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS

Pasha
Its a Ford Focus European Model

Pasha
Sorry I could not find any reference to the codes you have posted even at Ford website. Get the OBD-II codes for me and I might be able to help.

D262 (U1262) Communication bus fault (missing CAN messages)
E196 (U2196) Invalid data for engine RPM (Invalid CAN message)
E197 (U2197) Invalid data for vehicle speed (Invalid CAN message)
E198 (U2198) Invalid data for fuel pulse (Invalid CAN message)
E199 (U2199) Invalid data for engine coolant temperature (Invalid CAN message)
E200 (U2200) Invalid data for odometer (Invalid CAN message)
E201 (U2201) Invalid data for ambient temperature (Invalid CAN message

may be now you can help me

Pasha
All these are for communication faults between the PCM and instrument cluster. Possible causes are either component could be faulty but for so many components to fail at the same time I would say it is not very likely to occur.

At the PCM and instrument cluster, check for loose or contaminated wire connectors. That would be the most likely cause.

Thank you for your reply but iam getting only these codes from self diagnostic test, such as dtc code D900, E200, E197, E510
other codes I just mentioned for your reference. So from the above codes I can only know 2 codes other 2 I didn't find anywhere. Also as I had mentioned earlier that while driving car gauges suddenly sweeps, all warning lamps came up like battery, oil, abs, hand brake, car ac cooling stop. And after few seconds everything OK. Is this related to communication error or something else. May be iam troubling you too much. That you for your feedback.

Pasha
Page 1 of 2