TRANSFER CASE

2006 Dodge Ram • 72,000 miles

When I put the truck in 4 hi and put it under a load it pops like its not fully engaging and when its in 4 lo I don't notice any noise. The u joints in the front shaft are new and it don't make any noise in 2 wheel. It has a 273d transfer case and a 5.7 hemi with a automatic trans. Any thought on what the problem might be? Thank you in advance
Dolesgalion

Is there any noise when the load is light on the power train?

One more question. Can you tell aprox where the noise is coming from?

When the noise occurs is not only going up hill but also taking off on a flat surface. I cannot tell where the noise is coming from for sure.

Dolesgalion
Have you checked to make sure the fluid in the transfer case is full and clean?

Yes I have checked the transfer and the front end and both are full and clean

Dolesgalion
Could this issue be caused by the transfercase motor? If so is there any way to check it to make sure?

Dolesgalion
I pulled the front diff. Cover and everything inside is tight and looks new, the u joints are new and I also just changed the transfer case motor. The issue is still present is there anything else I should check to resolve this?

Dolesgalion
Is there anybody that can help me with this problem the snow is starting to fly and I need to find a fix. Thank you

Dolesgalion