I NOTICED A WHINING NOISE COMING FROM MY 06 3.5 THIS MORNING AS STARTED MY CAR, IT WAS UNSEASONABLY COOL THIS MORNING IN ORLANDO. AS I DROVE ABOUT 12 MILES TO GET HOME I STILL NOTICED THE WHINING NOISE. THIS EVENING WHEN I STARTED THE CAR AND

2006 Dodge Magnum • 120,187 miles

I turned my wheels right to left, there is no differance in the noise. But when I accelerate and even in park there's a whining noise coming from under the hood.
Bgtank

You know we can't diagnose that over a computer without a lot more details or observations, but the common causes are worn bearings in an idler or tensioner pulley for the serpentine belt. Alternator bearings will do that too but they're a lot less common. Remove the belt from the crankshaft pulley, then run the engine long enough to verify the noise is gone. If it is, you know it's related to something driven by that belt. Usually you can pinpoint the source with a stethoscope. If you don't have one already, any auto parts store will have them for about ten bucks.

I will try it, thanks!

Bgtank