CAN THE COMPUTER OVER HEAT?

2006 Dodge Dakota • 120,000 miles

The engine light came on and had someone check and found four things come up on the computer. Two days ago the temp got up to 109. Things in the engine and the transmisson started to not work right, the trany was slipping, the engine would rev up and down, the next day after it had cooled down, the truck was running fine with no problems and the light was out, lasted all day untill it got hot again. Could the heat have effected to computer? I think it is the computer
Raidenjames

Expensive guess. I would not jump to conclusions till you have a proper diag done with the code. Not a code reading from a parts guy, but a real diag from a shop. The code will be stored in history and the freeze frame data will be saved so they can view the conditions.

It was done by a proper diag and there were 4 codes that came up, its odd that the only time there is a problem is when the temp was high, I know that the computer controls when the e the trany shifts gears, and how the engine runs. I just want to know can the computer over heat? I am sure just like a regular computer can and will do.

Raidenjames
Yes, but unlikely as they are sealed and protected.

What were the codes?

Under normal circumstances, the computer is not supposed to overheat but there are times when certain circuits of the computer could have poor contnuity and under such circumstance, it can overheat.