CHASING A LOUD TICKING NOISE

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 120,000 miles

2006 Chrysler Pt Cruiser non turbo 4 cyl, auto 125,000 miles
I have been chasing a loud ticking noise in my engine for about 60k miles now, first I put new lifters in it and that didn’t help, drove it for a year ran good enough just noisy at idle, went to my machine shop asked him if I take this cars cylinder head to him can he fix what’s wrong. He listened with a stethoscope for a good 15 minutes then told me he believed the noise was coming from something in the fuel rail ( injectors ). So I replace the entire fuel rail and injectors with wiring harness from ebay. Now the car will not start even after putting all the original working before parts back in, it cranks over fires up for a second when fuel (throttle body cleaner) is sprayed down the throttle body which means it has spark for ignition. It also has good fuel volume and pressure at the fuel rail coupling and both fuel rails were cleaned before installing, it just is not getting electrical power to the injectors as far as I can see with a multimeter, I checked all the connectors for bent or crushed pins, I have checked the fuses under the hood all seems fine, I pulled the ECM it looks as though nothing is burnt anywhere under that resin coating. I have alldatadiy but can’t seem to find help and searching through the forum threads isn’t finding the same problem either. So please any ideas what’s wrong.
96realwe