CHRYSLER PACIFICA ENGINE PROBLEM

2006 Chrysler Pacifica

I need to replace the engine oil pan on my chrysler pacifica 2006 3.5 liter. Does it just drop down or do I have to move other engine parts or have special tools?

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Remove radiator close out panel.
3. Remove radiator core support.
4. Remove radiator cooling fans.
5. Remove the engine oil indicator.

NOTE: It is not necessary to recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system to perform this procedure.

6. Remove the top air conditioning compressor bolts.
7. Raise and support the vehicle.

8. Remove the lower air conditioning compressor mounting bolts and reposition the compressor with a suitable retaining strap.
9. Remove the air conditioning compressor bracket
10. Remove structural collar from oil pan and transmission housing (Refer to ENGINE/ENGINE BLOCK/STRUCTURAL COVER REMOVAL).
11. Remove the inspection shield between the transmission and oil pan.
12. Drain engine oil.
13. Remove oil pan fasteners. Remove oil pan. See Fig. 160.

NOTE: A small amount of oil will remain in the oil pan. Use care when removing the oil pan from the engine.

14. Remove oil pan gasket.
For installation reverse procedure and put silicone sealer at corners of engien block where arrows are. Tighten pan bolts to 28 nm