WHINING NOISE FROM A DURAMAX 6.6 WHEN LETTING OFF THROTTLE

2006 Chevrolet Truck • V8 2WD Automatic • 285,224 miles

I have a 2006 chevy 3500hd duramax 6.6L with 328,000 miles. I started noticing a whining down noise when I release the throttle and come to a quick stop. No noise when accelerating or cruising.
It appears to be coming from the engine. Maybe turbo. Is this a common problem? I replaced the turbo vane position sensor with oem part about 4 months ago per diagnostic code. That helped symptoms grealy, but I still get the turbo sensor code if it idles for 5 minutes or more. Then it turns off the check engine light as I drive it. I just started hearing this noise recently. It is my hot shot truck and I am trying to prevent a roadside failure. Does anyone have any factual suggestions?
JEFFJ

They make rent suspension microphone system for locating sounds. You could rig it to trans/ pumpkin/ turbo/ etc and see what ya find?

Fixitmr