NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO REMOVE A STUBBORN O2 SENSOR FROM A

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 85,000 miles

I have a 2006 Trailblazer with a bad O2 Sensor. I am looking for advice on how to get the old sensor removed. It is the sensor on the exhaust manifold. I have borrowed a set of O2 sockets from Autozone, but I am only rounding off the edges of the sensor. I have tried warming up the engine and heating the area with a propane torch, and spraying a lot of PB blaster on it, but I still can't get it loose. I tried removing the heat shield, but those nuts are really rusted on, and I expect I will snap the bolts if I try to remove them. I would appreciate any tips.
RandyMI

Under such circumstances you would most likely shear the threads when removing the sensor. A good rust penetrant might be able to help but no guarantee. If all else fails, you would have to remove the complete pipe from vehicle.

As to the heat shield bolts, use rust penetrant before attempting to remove them, with the aid of hexagonal sockets.