THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL

2006 Chevrolet Impala • 106,000 miles

When I first start out with the car and press the accelerator it will not do anything for a little bit and then it will take off it also sometimes surges a little bit earlier the codes for the throtttle position sensor were showing up now the check engine light does not come on I am wondering if this is the throttle position sensor or throttle acutator control and where about they are located on the engine
Craziyankee

The throttle posistion sensor is on the throttle body assy. The throttle actuator is off the gas pedal. Check for stuff jammed under your pedal like a floor mat not letting it operate right. If not have it rescanned to see if it pops up or not. An auto parts tore scaner will not pic up the actuator.

Somebody told me that I cant just replace the tps I have to replace the whole assembly as a unit is that true or is just a simple sensor to replace and which is it most likely to be the tps or tac

Craziyankee
The tps is replaceable but make sure that that is the problem before you wwaste your money. Try cleaning your throttle plate on both sides with choke cleaner and the iac hole as it gets gummy and will stick alot of times. Do that first cause it's cheap and you may not need a sensor. Also clean around the tps sensor where it meets the throttle plate.

Ok thanks do you have a diagram of tps sensor and where it meets the throttle plate?

Craziyankee
Depending on engine size it will be where one of the two arrows are. Thee are three wires leading to it.