MINIMUM THICKNESS ON ROTOR

2006 Chevrolet HHR • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I have a 2006 HHR LS. I am looking to change the front brake pads. The rotors look fine(hardly any wear) and there is just a microscopic lip on the edge. There are some people out there saying that there are no more minimum discard thicknesses which is crappola because my Expedition book and my Saturn book both have those thicknesses. I need to know what the minimum thickness is for the front rotor of a 2006 HHR LS. Does anyone know that. I have my rotor measurement from my caliper. I am probably just going to slap on the pads anyway because the rotors looked so good but I would like to know that minimum mesurement just to make me feel better. Thanks ahead of time and I just can't believe you have to have a manual to get that kind of info.
JM

Brake rotor discard thickness is 22.0mm I would have the rotors turned it not only trues the rotor but also takes the glaze off and puts a new finsh on the rotors so the new brake pads can make a nice new seat into the new finsh.